Saturday, August 22, 2015

BTG WEEK 9

Hello loves.  Once again, sorry for the delay.  Life has been really crazy!

On to Week 9!

Monday August 3, 2015

Fixing the car!
We woke up early so we could make it back to Pittsfield in time for our 10AM Musical Monday rehearsal.  The ride was mostly quick and easy.  About 3/4 of the way home, we stopped for breakfast/ to fill up our gas tank.  Then we  hit the road again.  Just as we were pulling off the masspike, we heard a terrible scraping noise coming from the car.  The three of us (Christian, Maggie and myself) all thought we had a flat tire.  It was 9:45am!  This couldn't happen!  So we get through the toll center and we pull off to the side of the road.  Good news!  No flat!  But the plastic that covers the undercarriage of the car had popped off!  We had no string, and no sharp objects to fix it, so Maggie walks up to the toll center, and gets one of the guys who worked there to help us.  This huge, smelly man in a bright orange t shirt comes and checks out our car.  He then proceeds to go to his truck to find something to tie the plastic onto the car.  He returns with a bungee cord, and we bungee it on.  It is now 9:55, we are 10 min away from class. So we're driving, and then we hear the noise again!  So we pull over on the side of the road in front of the Cranwell (which is a super nice hotel/golf place), fix the bungee cord and get on our way.  It is now 10AM and we are driving as fast as we can.  Then we hear the noise again!!  So we pull over again and check, but this time it was a false alarm (thank god!).  We are  late to class, but we are giggling over our luck.  What a way to end such a relaxing weekend!

We had class, which went really well.  I got to sing Worst Pies for the first time in over a month.  Then we went home to have lunch.

After lunch we had our first class back with Ilana since she left!  She made us do The Chorus Line Warm Up and then she taught us the "Turkey Lurkey" dance from the show "Promises, Promises".  Ilana hopes to put this dance in the final show case.  It is really silly, and it involves flapping your arms around like a chicken.  Who doesn't like that?

After class, we ran home to get dressed, because we had a night at the theatre!  Deborah Grausman who is in "The Club" with us was producing "Broadway in the Berkshires", which is a fundraising event for Shakespeare and Company, and she got us comp tickets for us.  So we drove to Great Barrington to see the performance.  Dick Cavett was the MC of the evening.  What an interesting fellow.

Tuesday August 4, 2015

We started our day with class with Ilana, where we did the infamous warm-up and then we worked on "Turkey Lurkey" some more.

Then after lunch, the Club girls had a pick up rehearsal.  We spent three hours polishing the show one last time before our second performance.  We then had a show at 8pm.

Wednesday August 5, 2015 

Today started with Yoga at 9am followed by Musical Monday rehearsal.  We blocked the group numbers (Morning Glow, What is this Feeling, and Bless the Lord) today.

After lunch we had class with Ilana where we brought back a dance from the past, the tap dance from the Book of Mormon "Turn it Off".  It has been several weeks since we last worked on this dance, but we picked it up again fast.  This is another option for our final showcase!

We had our 3rd show of "The Club" in the evening.

Thursday August 6, 2015

Today was the first day "The Club" girls were able to attend Eric Hill's Suzuki class.  He spoke to us for about 45 min, and then worked us for another half an hour.  He had us to standing statues, then went in and out of neutral over slow 10s (which means a slow ten count; so we would either slowly squat into neutral (squatting on the floor, heels against the floor with you butt tucked under and chest up) or slowly rise from neutral into standing.  Most of the time we are reciting Shakespeare as we do this execise.   One time he was not happy with the speed in which we took the slow 10, so he made us do it again, but had us crouching in neutral for another 2 min while he talked to us.  I thought I was going to die.  My feet began to swell in my sneakers, it was very painful for me.

He then let us go from class early.  I ran over to the Colonial Theatre because I had a meeting with Allison, the head of our program.

She had mentioned to me over our breakfast that she had a full time position in mind for me.  So when I met with her she offered me an "Artist in Residency" position. With the position, I would live in the Berkshires from Mid September- Early June.  I would get paid a weekly stipend, and would be provided with housing.  I would be teaching theatre to at risk 4-6 graders around Berkshire County, and I would be acting in BTG's traveling children's show. I would also get to be in their annual production of "A Christmas Carol", and I would have a lot of opportunity to work on my graduate school audition materials with Eric and  Kate.  Apparently they ask one Acting Apprentice each year to be an Artist in Residency, and I was the one the chose!

So now I have a lot to think about.  As I walked home I pondered the idea of staying in Pittsfield through the winter and spring.  I became so overwhelmed with everything that had been thrown at me in the morning (painful feet, and then full time job offer) that when I got home I passed out and slept right through our next class.

I finally woke up, grabbed dinner and made my way to the 4th showing of "The Club".

Friday August 7, 2015

Today we started our morning off with another Musical Monday rehearsal.  Once again we worked the group numbers.  After class, we all had lunch, and then made our way over to the Stockbridge campus for a staged reading.  Jayne Adkinson directed a staged reading of a new play called "Awilda" and was presenting it at the Fitzpatrick Main Stage.  And Heather, the SM of the club, was stage managing it!  It was a wonderful new play, which I enjoyed very much.  After the reading, Deborah Lapidus took us out to coffee to chat.  She wanted to give us time to pick her brain about working professionally, and about grad schools.  It was a very informative session.

We then hustled back to Pittsfield to make it on time for call.  We at the 5th performance of "The Club".

Saturday August 9, 2015

We started the morning with another Musical Monday rehearsal.  Today we were actually in the space that the show will take place in.  We blocked all of the solo numbers.  I did my song about 3 times, and messed it up each and every time.  Now I am starting to freak out about Monday.

I then had the rest of the afternoon off (and I cannot remember what I did!) before the 6th performance of 'The Club' at 8pm.

Sunday August 10, 2015
The Cake!

Today is the day that "The Club" closes!  I am very sad to see this show go.  I finally love my character, and I love the cast.  I will miss it very much.

In the morning, Deb Grausman had us all over to her house for brunch.  We had mimosas, and she had a cake that was decorated with "The Club" poster.  It was a lovely  morning!  We then went home and relaxed until call in the evening.

The show was sold out, and it was our very best show.  What a way to go out on!

After the show, I went to Patrick's Pub with Ilana to talk to her about the Artist in Residency position.  I have been very confused as to what to do about it.  My brain tells me to say yes, but something is holding me back.  I don't know what to do.









More to come.

XOXO,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment