Saturday, August 22, 2015

BTG WEEK 10

I am so far behind.  Life is going by wayyyyy to fast to keep up with!


On to Week 10!

Monday August 10, 2015

Today is the day!!  The Even Stephen's Musical Monday is finally here.  And I am a nervous wreck (although I am keeping a calm exterior).  I am terrified that I am going to mess it.  Worst Pies is a hard song.  I wake up, do my hair, run to Starbucks (its that kind of morning).  Finally it is time to go to the theatre for the dress rehearsal.  The rehearsal goes ok, but I'm still convinced that I'm going to forget the words, or sing the wrong ones at the wrong part.  When the rehearsal is over, we run and grab sandwiches before heading home to finish getting dressed.  Finally it is time to go to the theatre.  I sit in the lobby, a bundle of nerves, just drilling the words of my song over and over and over again in my head.  I really do not know why I am so worked up about this song, I never get this way!  The show starts, the opening number (Bless the Lord) goes great.  I am then sitting there waiting for it to be my turn to sing.  I go to drill the words one last time and, oh shit!  I forgot the entire first verse!  So now I'm sitting there hyperventilating quietly to myself not being able to remember the very first part of my song.  Then I suddenly remember,  I have my phone with me.  So I slyly pull my phone out of its hiding spot and I quickly google the words.  I've got them down now.  I think I can do this.  It is finally my turn, and I nervously walk up to the stage and start the song.




And it goes well!  Better than well.  It is the best I have ever sung the song!  I did mess up at one point, but it got covered and no one noticed it.  I was connecting with the audience, and acting the song, and having a ton of fun!  And then it was over.  And I was sad.  But so happy that it went as well as it did!

The rest of the performance went by splendidly.

I had nothing else to do the rest of the afternoon, besides car parking.  Since the Club closed, I'm back to 4 shifts a week.  Great.



This is a video of the final rehearsal of worst pies:



Tuesday August 11, 2015

Today we start rehearsals for the Apprentice Show case!  Yay!  We have about a week to put on the show.  So we have rehearsal from 10am-4pm every day now.  Today we worked on learning the musical numbers (we have 3 group numbers, On My Way from Violet; Turn it Off from The Book of Mormon; and Traffic Island Song).


Wednesday August 12, 2015

We started the morning off with Yoga. Then went to musical rehearsal for the showcase.  In the afternoon, we worked on the scene component of the showcase.  My scene is called "I love you, I love you" and it has three other apprentices in it.  I think it is going to be good.

In the evening we finally got to see "I saw my Neighbor on the Train and I Didn't Even Smile".  It is a world premier and it is a fantastic piece of theatre.  There is talk that it is going to Broadway!   After the show, Maggie and I went to Patrick's with Zach, another one of the apprentices.

Thursday August 13, 2015 

Today we did dance and musical rehearsal.  The only big dance number is "Turn it Off", but we also blocked "On My Way" today.  My scene also got worked today.

Mary Poppins had its preview tonight!

In the evening I had car parking, but I actually worked the concessions stand and made $6 in tips :) .

Friday August 14, 2015

We spent the morning dancing, and we worked on "Turn it Off " the entire time!  After rehearsal, Ilana stayed to work with us if we needed extra help.  She ended up staying with us for an extra hour.  Let me tell you, tap dance is the most physical form (in my humble opinion).  It is a major cardiovascular work out, and by the end of the 3.5 hours I was sweating my little tushy off!

I then had the rest of the afternoon off, and I decided to be a human.  I ate lunch and then watched a movie.  It was a wonderful relaxing afternoon!

Tonight was the official opening of "Mary Poppins".  So we went to support the Ox Blood family that is in the cast (Christian, Eleanor and Mollie).  The show was fantastic, especially the song "Step in Time".

After the show we went out for drinks before calling it a night.

Saturday August 15, 2015

Team Ox Blood after brunch.
Today I had the day off!  Whoooppppeeee!  The OX Blood family decided to go to brunch, so we all got dressed up in our best brunch outfits and we headed over to Lenox to go to Haven Cafe for breakfast.   After breakfast, I took a nap and hung out at home.    In the evening, I got assigned to work concessions for Mary Poppins.  The best part about it was that I made $50!  When you work concessions at the Colonial Theatre you automatically make $25, and then I made an additonal $25 in tips!  I feel like I'm rolling in the dough!

After, we went to dinner at an Asian Fusion place called Jae's.  It was sooo yummy.  I cannot believe why we never went before!

Sunday August 16, 2015

Today was another day off!  I slept in, did my laundry.  Had left overs from last night, and then introduced Maggie to the movie "Moulin Rouge!".  She had never seen it before (which is a scandal in my world)!  I love the film and was excited to share it with her.  After the movie, we worked on our pieces for the show case.

I can't believe that we only have a week left!!


More to come.

XOXO,
Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment