Monday, July 27, 2015

BTG WEEK 6

Hello Friends!  I know I know!  I'm behind!  But I have been very busy so #sorrynotsorry
here is what I did during week 6!

Monday July 13, 2015

Today we started rehearsal for "The Club"!!!  Yay! Finally I get to be back in rehearsals!!  We started the morning off by having a "meet and greet" of the cast/crew/available company members.  The play is co-directed by Rocco Sisto and Barbara Allen, Musical Direction by Deborah Lapidus and it features Maureen O'Flynn, Annette Miller, Deborah Grausman, and Stephanie Hedges.  After the meet and greet (which included a bagel spread!) we did a read/sing through.  The principle actors received their parts prior to the first rehearsal so they came in with the songs learned and partly memorized.  My part is called "Little Henry" or "Henry 2" and it was created for our production.  I will be following the butler character, Henry, around and singing with him and dancing with him.  The apprentices didn't have much to do during the read through (except for Sophie who has a principle role) but it was amazing to watch the professional actors work.

After the read through we broke for lunch.  Then when we resumed rehearsal we got into learning/fine tuning the music.  Maggie and Annika got released a little early, but I had to stay because they were going to work some "Henry bits".  We did not end up working on the Henry stuff, so I was released early.  On my way home a sudden rain storm happened and I got drenched.  DRENCHED!  Please see the evidence below.
drenched.

so. much. water.

Tuesday July 14, 2015 

Today was full of learning music!  We were called at 11am and worked the most complicated song of the show until 1pm.  Then on our lunch hour we ran to Laurin Publishing (the apprentice classroom space, the awful cement room) for a Q& A session with David Adkins (the writer and star of Thoreau) and to rehearse for the Kern Musical Monday (which is next Monday).  We then ran back to the Garage at the Colonial for the rest of the Club rehearsal from 3pm to 5:30pm.  

then we collapsed into heaps on the floor because we were tired.


Wednesday July 15, 2015

Another day full of learning music!  We had rehearsal from 11:30-1pm working on two different songs, and then we worked from 2pm-4pm on two other songs.  At 4pm I had my costume fitting!  Woo!  I get to wear an edwardian era butler's tuxedo.  I laughed out when I saw myself in the mirror!  Pictures to come later!

Thursday July 16, 2015

Today we only had rehearsal from 10am-12pm because we have a 4 hour long rehearsal for the Kern Music Monday.  We had a bit of a shock at the beginning of the rehearsal because we found out that Stephanie was dropping out of the production, and that Maggie was going to be bumped up to a principle roll.  It was a shock, but I was so excited for Maggie!  We then sang through the play.  

When rehearsal ended we ran over to Laurin Publishing for the 4 hour Kern rehearsal.  We finished blocking the rest of the medley and ran through the bits of the show. 

We then had to car park.  As always.

Friday July 17, 2015

At the start of rehearsal the directors decided to cut bits of the show.  So we went through the cuts, and later in the afternoon we went over more music.  While I was on a break, I got called in to be fit with costumes again.  But this time I got to be a model for the Costume designer to show the directors!  
One of my "looks"

After rehearsal we actually collapsed on our beds and pasted out.  so exhausted.  But we got to wake up and go.......CAR PARKING! oh joy.



Saturday July 18, 2015


We had a short rehearsal today, 10-12pm!  And we ran through music again.  
After rehearsal we went to park cars again. What joy.  
Then we had the rest of the day off!  I took a two hour nap, and had a leisurely afternoon.
Later in the evening we went to the opening part of "I Saw My Neighbor on the Train and I Didn't Even Smile".  Then we went home and passed out again.




Sunday July 19, 2015

Day off!  Woooohooo!!
Maggie and Eleanor SwimmingWe slept in and went for bagel for breakfast.  In the afternoon, Maggie, Eleanor and I went to My Dad's friend, Lori Bernstein's house in West Stockbridge.  We spent a bit of the afternoon in her pool and petting her dog!  Then a HUGE thunderstorm (complete with  tornado and flash flood warnings) rolled in.  We sat the tornado warning out in her bedroom, and then she took us out to dinner (because the BBQ she had planned got rained out).  It was a wonderful afternoon and a great escape from Buel house! 
Enjoying the Pool.
Lori's beautiful house.

Beautiful West Stockbridge.



Sorry for the glob of pictures!

More to come.

XOXO,
Kate










No comments:

Post a Comment